No matter what comes your way in the form of the 3P's; Praise, Polish or Punishment, the responsibility is ultimately laid at your doorstep.
What steps can you take to ensure your efforts receive more praises than anything else?
Try these 5 tips which never go out of style:
1. Plan Early – Most of us don't function well under pressure. Certainly there are times when the best laid plans go south, however whenever possible, make a concerted effort to minimize working under the gun. Planning early allows the best opportunity for success.
2. State Your Goals - Establishing a clear set of goals help to ensure that everyone is on the same page and knows what is expected of them. Goal setting helps all involved to make informed decision which contribute to the stated goals.
3. Let Go & Delegate – Assign specific roles and expected time-lines to your competent staff. Share clear expectations and create opportunities for your team to shine. Let them have ownership of the project.
4. Communicate Often - Establish a means of communication that will keep everyone informed of updates and progress made based on a stated timeline of completion. Doing so allows you to measure any potential loopholes that may exist.
5. Share The Credit - Man can not live on "ego" alone. Actually it's "bread" but you get the meaning. Be inclusive when sharing your company's success. Show your team how much they are valued and appreciated and 9 times out of 10, they'll reciprocate in ways a paycheck can't measure. A good leader understands that. Which will you be?